Administrative Assistant - Therapy Administration
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Therapy & Respiratory Administration
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Director, performs varied secretarial and administrative work requiring initiative and independent judgment. Incumbents work independently under general direction. Duties include but are not limited to answering phones and directing calls, opening and distributing mail, gathering information and preparing reports, maintaining files, analyzes computer reports and performs staff support functions in order to maximize efficiency of the department(s) management and professional staff.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED. An Associate's degree in business related courses is preferred.
- Requires at least one (1) year of Administrative Assistant related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- You may be required to obtain a fingerprint clearance card if you work in an area that has been deemed to require one. If required to obtain, must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess extensive computer skills and be proficient with MS Office suite such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Visio and Access.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Creativity, initiative and independent thinking, and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet designated deadlines is required.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Salary Range: (19A) $16.10 - $24.16