Advanced Clinical Nurse
Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Phoenix
Department: FQHC Maricopa Womens Care - Phoenix
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
If you’re like us, you’re committed to helping your neighbors and their families realize their full potential to live healthy and well. As the area's only public health system, Valleywise Health offers a network of Community Health Centers in neighborhoods across the Phoenix metro area with primary care services. We’re always looking for ways to help our neighbors; because we’re stronger when we work together. Let's work together, side-by-side, to raise awareness about health, housing, economic development and public safety issues to help keep people out of emergency rooms. No nights and no weekends.
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager (or Executive DON, Ambulatory), an Advanced Clinical Nurse provides professional skilled age specific nursing care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Performs all aspects of patient care, including but not limited to: patient assessment, medication administration; identifying nursing problems; plans of care; provides or delegates care according to Valleywise Health policies; functions as a client advocate and educator; completes and processes all required documentation; indirectly supervises ancillary personnel as directed; and participates in team building and quality improvement activities. The position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment. In addition, an Advance Clinical Nurse promotes and demonstrates advancement in professional practice through additional activities such as quality improvement and leadership.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Must have at least one (1) year of recent acute care hospital RN experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities; or if completed the New Grad RN program at Valleywise Health then must have at least one year of Valleywise Health experience as a RN and be in good standing.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing. Requires BLS issued by the American Heart Association.
- In addition, certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice:
- Antepartum Testing Center- Advanced Fetal Monitoring Certification Preferred
- Ambulatory Clinics: Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.