Facility: Tempe Diablo Technology Park
Department: Patient Financial Services
Schedule: Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Under the supervision of the Billing Supervisor the individual is responsible for billing claims for Medical Services on the UB04 and HCFA 1500 claim forms. Reviews Electronic and paper claim data and resolves problem accounts in accordance with Valleywise Health policies and procedures.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Requires a minimum of one (1) year of hospital medical billing or collection and experience with Epic and the electronic claims billing system.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Prefer a working knowledge of all managed care contract, government regulations as it relates to billing.
- Requires an understanding of the content of the services that the hospital provides and rules and regulations for multiple payers.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet designated deadlines is required.
- Must be able to manage time appropriately.
- Data comparison skills are necessary.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Must have knowledge of hospital billing forms and billing requirements.