Business Intelligence Developer II - Epic - Remote from Home
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Clinical Informatics
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Manager of IT Applications and Reporting, this position has responsibility for the development, maintenance, integration, data governance and data reporting of Valleywise Health's business systems. This position analyzes existing and proposed vendor supplied software functionality for conformity with clinical health system and business workflow processes. In addition, this position supports the Business Intelligence function by creating and modifying reports; troubleshooting issues; and designing, building, testing and implementing reports, reporting interfaces and solutions. Serves as a liaison to the clinical and business arenas, and provides subject matter expertise to translate data into information and actionable knowledge in the daily clinical or business applications practice. Utilizes specialized, proprietary software tool sets to enable reporting functionality; partners with project teams to achieve team goals and outcomes; provides measurable customer service, and performs duties within Valleywise Health missions and values.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems (IS) or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work in lieu of degree. A Master's degree is preferred and may substitute for required experience.
- Requires three (3) years of development, maintenance, integration, data governance or data reporting related experience with business systems that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience working with Crystal Reports, SQL or other reporting tools is preferred.
- If applicable, certification for the business, clinical, or financial IT application(s)/system(s) supporting is required and must be kept up to date.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Office products.
- Requires knowledge of analytical methods, procedures, and practices, to include software.
- Must possess solid analytical skills that can translate the analysis into effective troubleshooting and problem resolution, frequently exercising independent technical judgment.
- Requires the ability to simultaneously support multiple applications.
- Must be able to maintain accountability for the timely resolution of specific issues and problems within a particular area, application, database, technology or system.
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines with independent judgment.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including ability to inform, advise, instruct and persuade.
- Requires the ability to collect and analyze complex data; and perform workflow analysis and translate the outcome into definable software functionality.
- Requires ability to exercise considerable individual judgment and initiative in conducting the necessary facilitation and resolution of application/system design.
- Must be able to develop initiatives in innovative manner for effective resolution.
- Must be able to prepare and conduct effective presentations; assess priorities and self-time manage through deliverables; and coordinate activities with diverse groups and individuals.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.