Care Manager Extender
This position provides clerical support to ensure patients achieve a smooth and timely transition from an acute care facility or in the outpatient setting to help prevent readmissions. This position assists with setting up outpatient services or providing resources to help the patient maintain optimal care. This position performs follow-up tasks identified during the hospital assessment for management of patients across the healthcare continuum or when the patient is in the continuum and needs additional resource support.
- Requires a High school diploma or GED.
- Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with three (3) years’ experience in healthcare as a Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, Health Unit Coordinator, or data reconciliation experience.
- Must successfully complete MIHS EPIC computer classes within three months of hire or transfer into the position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have a working knowledge of medical terminology and be proficient in the use of computer programs such as Microsoft Office.
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent communication and time management skills.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Pay: $13.24 to $21.19/hour
$13.24 - $21.19
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 26983