Case Manager- Team Specialist- SMI
Facility: Valleywise Community Health Center - Mesa
Department: BH Specialty Clinic - Mesa
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Clinical Coordinator, the Team Specialist coordinates, monitors and provides direct services to members and families at the clinic and in the community, including case management, rehabilitation, support and crisis intervention services. The Team Specialist works collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team setting to develop individual service plans (ISPs) for individuals with a serious mental illness and to provide or coordinate all services identified. This position is committed to meeting the member where they are and providing services in the community, at place of employment, and home as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to Behavioral Health; OR any other Bachelor's degree and one (1) year of full-time behavioral health work experience; OR any Associate's degree and two (2) years of full-time behavioral health work experience; OR eighteen (18) credit hours of post-high school education in a field related to behavioral health and two (2) years of full-time behavioral health work experience; OR high school diploma or GED and four (4) years of full-time behavioral health work experience.
- Requires a minimum of one (1) year of experience working with adolescents/young adults with a serious mental illness that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Previous experience working with individuals with psychotic disorders is preferred.
- Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current valid AZ issued driver's license in good standing, and must carry the AZ legally required minimum insurance coverage on personal vehicle at all times.
- Must obtain fingerprint card as defined in Arizona Revised Statute (A.R.S.) 36-425.03 and state licensing rule R9-10-1011(A)(4) within 7 days of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a strong understanding of evidence-based interventions, trauma-informed care, and recovery-oriented service delivery is required.
- Requires home and community visits and knowledge of service needs and entitlement and community resources.
- Requires the ability to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends, evenings and on-call rotation.
- Requires the ability to have a reliable form of transportation to travel throughout the community with transportation of team members as needed.
- Must have good verbal and interpersonal skills to interact with clients, visitors, and coworkers.
- Requires the ability to maintain highly confidential information, including a working knowledge of HIPAA.
- Must have the ability to work independently and seek supervision appropriately.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.