Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: LAB Clinical - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Medical Technologist Supervisor, this position provides clinical support and diagnostic direction to physicians and other health care workers by performing average to complex cytological testing on neonate to geriatric patients.
- Requires a Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Cytotechnology with a 12 month AMA accredited cytotechnology program.
- Prior experience performing cytological specimens is preferred.
- Requires current certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Requires excellent time management skills and customer service skills.
- Must possess basic computer skills in a Windows environment.
- Analytical skills are strongly preferred.