Director HR Operations
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Human Resources
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
At Valleywise, you’ll find excellent rewards and benefits, along with the chance to make a difference in our communities. We offer exceptional career development opportunities as well as a supportive and inclusive work environment. If you're ready for a career that makes a difference, explore what Valleywise can offer you.
Under the direction of the Senior VP and Chief Human Resource Officer, the Director of Human Resources Operations is a key member of the organization’s HR leadership team. This position is responsible for leading the vision, strategy, development and execution of human resources operations including HR processes, and all other HR business functions aimed at advancing the mission and enhancing business results. Ensures quality onboarding and HR service delivery through effective collaboration with the organizational stakeholders and HR team.
Education or equivalency:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Must have a minimum of seven (5) years of progressively responsible human management experience including five (2) years in healthcare that demonstrates a high level of understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities with a workforce of at least 3,000.
- Experience must include demonstrated leadership ability, preferably working in areas of human resources such as human resources call center, compliance, analytics and reporting, employee relations, human resources consultation, and/or related business functions.
- SPHR certification and Master’s degree is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be a successful leader of people, have strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate a team.
- Must be able to decide how to allocate people, time and other resource to create, execute, and accomplish an operating or project plan on time and within budget.
- Must have solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control and coordinate activities.
- Must be able to manage priorities in a dynamic environment and adapt to change quickly and positively.
- Must demonstrate ability to be self-directed, as well as demonstrate excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work as a team member with peers, other managers, staff and senior leadership.
- Must possess good customer service and communications skills, the ability to work with professionals and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.