Endoscopy Tech Part Time Days
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Endoscopy - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular PT 20 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, the Clinical Resource Leader (CRL) and the Endoscopy Tech Supervisor, this position assists the Physician with both simple and complex Endoscopy procedures, demonstrating knowledge of principles and practice of aseptic technique. Duties also include the cleaning, disinfecting and organization of endoscopic instruments and stocking of equipment and supplies.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED. Prefer post high school training in the medical field.
- Requires prior healthcare experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Previous experience assisting during ERCP, EUS/EBUS, Pulmonary and basic GI procedures is preferred.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- ASGNA certification is preferred.
- Ambulatory Clinics: Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Utilizes effective communication and interpersonal skills to enhance and encourage collaborative staff and community relationships.
- Must be able to demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- Requires basic computer skills and able to multi-task.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work well in a high stress environment.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.