Executive Assistant I
Facility: Valleywise Behavioral Health Center - Mesa
Department: BH Administration
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the appointing authority, this position is responsible for providing advanced administrative support for the department and management staff. Duties may include clerical assistance with correspondence; assistance with board activities; secretarial support; and routine office related functions, as well as the ability to take initiative to ensure productivity, organization, and completion of assignments efficiently and within established time frames.
- Requires a high school diploma/GED. Prefer an Associate's degree in Business Administration or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years administrative/clerical/office experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Prefer experience in the healthcare industry.
- You may be required to obtain a fingerprint clearance card if you work in an area that has been deemed to require one. If required to obtain, must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Creativity, initiative and independent thinking, and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have strong typing skills, preferably with the ability to type a minimum of 60 wpm.
- Must have proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint and the Internet.
- Additional training on various computer software applications strongly preferred.
- Requires the ability to handle sensitive material concerning the organization and the executive's role within the organization.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.