Financial Enrollment & Credentialing Coordinator
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Medical Staff Affairs
Schedule: Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Medical Staff Services Manager this position performs health play/3rd party payor financial enrollment activities and credentials Medical Staff and qualified advanced practitioners at Valleywise Health and provides coordination for Medical Staff activities.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED. Prefer an Associate's degree or higher.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of progressively responsible administrative related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prior experience as a Medical Staff Services Professional or health plan/physician private practice professional is preferred.
- Prefer certification as a Certified Professional Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) or Certified Professional in Medical Staff Management (CPMS M).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of credentialing concepts: The Joint Commission (TJC), DNV, CMS, and NCQA standards, Medicare and AHCCCS requirements.
- Be adept in interpretation of Medical Staff bylaws, Credentialing policies, and Medical Staff policies and procedures.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software, and Cactus.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, aptitude for detail, good teamwork, and excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Must possess keyboard proficiency.