Graduate Nurse (New Grad RN Program) Medical Surgical Nights
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Medical - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Under the direct supervision of a Nurse Manager, this position develops and consolidates a nurse's skill, knowledge, and experience in a multidisciplinary environment to be an effective member of a multidisciplinary Health Care Team through a structured program in the workplace. Synthesizes and prioritizes data from multiple sources to provide support for the human response of the patient and family to changes in health status.
- Prefer a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Must be either a new graduate nurse or have less than six months experience as an RN, or be a RN that has not practiced at the bedside for more than two years.
- Prefer LPN, Nurse Extern, or other nursing related experience.
- Must attend and successfully complete the Valleywise Health Nurse Residency program by meeting all the requirements specified in the program within six months of starting the program.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- Must be able to provide at least one year of employment after successful completion of the Nurse Residency Program.
- Must provide recent "official" transcripts with grades up to the semester prior to application with a grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must be able to provide two letters of recommendation.
- Evidence of community service or membership in community-oriented organization is preferred.
- Must meet all conditions set forth in Nurse Residency Program requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.
Salary Range: Flat Rate (11F) - $30.15