HIM Data Integrity Specialist I
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Health Information Management - Operations
Schedule: Regular PT 20 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Health Information Management (HIM) Data Management and Integrity Supervisor, this position will analyze health records (hardcopy and electronic) for provider/documentation deficiencies and complete the required data entry for provider notifications and tracking of incomplete health records. The position is responsible for communicating effectively with members of the medical staff in order to have deficiencies completed within a timely manner; and for gathering and submitting the data required to accurately complete the birth certificate worksheet. Also, responsible for delivering information that can be used to make informed business decisions, and that the provided information is accurate, relevant and error free. This position may act as a change agent responsible for assisting with the planning and coordination of all department, enterprise wide and system quality improvement and cost saving initiatives. Responsible for demonstrating knowledge of HIPAA privacy and security regulations as evidenced by appropriate handling of Protected Health Information (PHI), promoting confidentiality and using discretion when handling patient information.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Working towards or completion of an Associate's degree program is preferred.
- Requires eighteen (18) months of experience in Health Information Management working with an Electronic Health Record and Electronic Document Management system that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Epic, or Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR) certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to work well independently in a fast paced environment.
- Must demonstrate ability to learn within a short period of time.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in HIM database systems, Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Electronic Document Management (EDM) systems.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in medical terminology.
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software (eg. Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must have the ability to categorize data both in an electronic and hard copy format.
- Must possess good interpersonal communication and strong customer service skills both verbally and in writing, including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Must be able to work with others to understand the scope of data integrity capabilities within the EHR.
- Requires the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Requires excellent organizational and team building skills.
- Must be quality conscious and customer oriented.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Must be able to influence and adjust positively to change and follow through on all assignments.
- Must be self-motivated and able to plan work activities and set effective priorities that are aligned with departmental and Valleywise Health operational and fiscal goals.
- Requires knowledge in the use of a computer, fax machine, copier and scanner.
- Must be able to follow all federal and state regulations, as well as all Valleywise Health policies and procedures.
- Requires the ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
Salary Range: $15.00 to $22.13