Manager Volunteer & Guest Service
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Volunteer & Guest Relation Services
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Director of Professional Practice and Service Excellence, this position is responsible for managing the daily operations of Volunteer Services and Guest Services. The Manager implements plans to meet goals and targets related to volunteer recruits, training and managing volunteers for various projects that address specific organizational program needs and community initiatives. Manager plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs the operations and activities of the Guest Services function to ensure service excellence to the organization’s visitors, patients and community. Assists Director with developing and administering policies and procedures and developing processes for efficient, high quality operations.
Education or equivalency:
Requires an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible healthcare customer service, internal transport, and/or volunteer related experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Requires prior supervisory/management experience preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt or higher preferred.
- Requires BLS issued by the American Heart Association.
- Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid AZ issued driver’s license in good standing, and must carry the AZ legally required minimum insurance coverage on personal vehicle at all times.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must understand volunteer principles.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires the ability to be a creative, independent thinker and work independently with limited supervision.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm, combined with the ability to build relationships with business and key stakeholders.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control and coordinate activities.
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Bilingual preferred.