Medical Assistant Central Phoenix McDowell Clinic
Facility: Valleywise Community Health Center - McDowell
Department: FQHC Clinic - McDowell
Schedule: Grant FT 40 Hours Per Week
The McDowell Health Center is part of Valleywise Health’s larger network of federally qualified health centers that focus on providing access to care to those members of the community that need it most. The McDowell clinic prides itself in providing a healing, supportive and collaborative environment, while providing equitable care to our patients. If you have a desire to work for an organization that provides care to individuals regardless of their ability to pay, and have a desire to work with members of the community who need access to care, then Valleywise Health’s McDowell Health Center is the place for you. The McDowell Health Center is centrally located in the Parson’s Center for Health & Wellness.
What can you expect from Valleywise Health?
- You can expect to be part of an amazing team of caring health care professionals.
- You can expect a great onboarding and training experience.
- You can expect a market competitive salary and incredible retirement benefits with a dollar for dollar employer matching contribution as part of the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
- You can expect competitive health and voluntary benefits.
So if you are interested in making a difference in the community, providing excellent care as part of an amazing team, and working in a supportive environment, apply today and join us at Valleywise Health Community Health Center McDowell.
- Requires graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants or Valleywise Health approved course.
- Prefers a high school diploma or GED.
- Prefer at least one (1) year of relevant related experience, preferably in clinic setting.
- Requires a BLS card through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center upon hire.
- Incumbents hired into this position must be eligible to sit for one of the two following certification exams:
- The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification issued by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA). OR The Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) certification issued by American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent communication, time management and leadership skills.
- Behavioral Health Departments- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.
Salary Range: Hourly pay rate: $17.54 to $25.87