Medical Assistant (Float)
Under the clinical direction of the Physician, Physician Assistant and/or Midlevel Provider, and under operational direction of the FHC/CHC Manager or designee, this position provides professional skilled, age specific care for patients in collaboration with all disciplines. This position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment. Performs patient care, secretarial and technical related services for the neonate thru geriatric patient population in both the back and front office.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Requires graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants or Valleywide Health approved course
- Prefer at least one (1) year of relevant related experience, preferably in clinic setting.
- Requires a BLS card through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center upon hire.
- Incumbents hired into this position must be must be eligible to sit for one of the two following certification exams:
- The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification issued by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA).
- The Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) certification issued by American Medical Technologists (AMT).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent communication, time management and leadership skills.
- Various schedule options are available. Must be able to float to any two of the three regions:
WEST- Avondale, El Mirage, Maryvale, Glendale, Sunnyslope
CENTRAL - McDowell, 7th Ave, South Central, CHC, Sunnyslope
EAST - Chandler, Mesa, Guadalupe
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 27636