Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Therapy & Respiratory Administration
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, performs varied secretarial and administrative work in the front office, requiring initiative and independent judgment. Incumbents work independently under general direction. Duties include but are not limited to: opening and closing front office, answering phones and directing calls, coordinating and scheduling all patients per department scheduling protocols and policies, communicating scheduling changes to patients and staff, opening and distributing mail, gathering information and preparing reports, analyzing computer reports, and completing work queues. Possess knowledge and understanding of all insurance plans. Responsible for performing staff support functions to maximize efficiency of department management and professional staff. Consistently demonstrates exemplary customer service skills in a fast-paced environment, and cultivates new and existing patient relationships.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED. Associate's degree in business related courses preferred.
- Must have at least two (2) years of administrative, scheduling, or patient services related experience, preferably in a medical setting.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess extensive computer skills and be proficient with MS Office suite such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Visio and Access.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Creativity, initiative and independent thinking, and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.