Prehospital Care Coordinator
Provides continuing education for pre-hospital providers and ongoing pre-hospital related education for paramedics, emergency nurses and physicians. Represents the Emergency Department on various hospital committees and acts as liaison with other hospital departments. Serves as a hospital representative to outside agencies in directing, coordinating and evaluating pre-hospital care. Monitors pre-hospital encounters and maintains Arizona Department of Health Services Base Hospital certification. Coordinates base hospital contracts, maintains base hospital records, reports and meeting notes.
Requires a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
Must have one to two (1-2) years full time nursing experience in emergency, pre-hospital or critical care.
- Must have teaching experience in pre-hospital medicine to first responders, basic life support personnel, advanced life support personnel, nurses or physicians.
- Requires a valid license as a Registered Nurse issued by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- Must have current PALS, ACLS, BLS, and TNCC or ATCN certification.
- A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Requires considerable knowledge of emergency medical methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of state laws and regulations, regional and county policies pertaining to emergency medical service and pre-hospital care is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with the public, various agencies and other employees.
- Must have basic computer skills.
Pay: $30.36 to $48.58/hour
$30.36 - $48.58
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 27576