Registered Nurse RN- Med Surg
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: 4 East Med Surg - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular - Part Time 24 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of a Nurse Manager (or Executive DON, Ambulatory), a Clinical Nurse provides professional skilled age specific nursing care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Performs all aspects of patient care, including but not limited to: patient assessment, medication administration; identifying nursing problems; plans of care; provides or delegates care according to MIHS policies; functions as a client advocate and educator; completes and processes all required documentation; indirectly supervises ancillary personnel as directed; and participates in team building and quality improvement activities. The position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment.
Prefer a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing. Must successfully complete the MIHS New Graduate RN training program or have prior acute nursing experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Previous acute care hospital experience in the area for which he or she is applying for is preferred. In addition the following experience will be required for the following Departments:
· Benefitted Float Pool: Must have at least two (2) years of hospital based experience as a Registered Nurse and be able to float to at least four (4) departments within a minimum of two service lines for which approved competencies must be demonstrated.
· Cardiac Cath Lab: Must have one to two (1-2) years recent clinical cath lab experience.
· Trauma/ED: Must have at least six (6) months of hospital based experience as a Registered Nurse, preferably working in a Trauma/Emergency department.
Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing. Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months. Additional certification or continuing education may be required upon acceptance into the position based on area of practice:
· Burn- Must obtain ACLS and PALS certification required within 12 months
· Medical / Surgical (4th and 6th Floors) - For the 6th Floor staff ONS (Chemotherapy Biotherapy Card) within twelve (12) months of hire or transfer.
Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must. Bilingual is preferred. Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills. Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Pay: $27.54 to $44.07/hour
$27.54 - $44.07
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 27400