RN Behavioral Health Float Pool
Facility: Valleywise Behavioral Health Center - Mesa
Department: BH Float Pool
Schedule: Per Diem 12 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of a Nurse Manager, the RN Behavioral Health (Float) floats between both the Phoenix and Mesa behavioral health facilities providing professional skilled age specific nursing care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Performs all aspects of patient care, including but not limited to: patient assessment, medication administration; identifying nursing problems; plans of care; provides or delegates care according to Valleywise Health policies; functions as a client advocate and educator; completes and processes all required documentation; indirectly supervises ancillary personnel as directed; and participates in team building and quality improvement activities. The position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment.
- Must have graduated from an accredited school of nursing. Prefer a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Must have at least two (2) years of clinical nursing experience as a RN in a Psychiatric setting that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must possess a current, valid Arizona RN license and be in good standing with the AZ Board of Nursing.
- Requires a Basic Life Support (BLS) card. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 weeks of starting in position and must renewed every two years.
- In addition, the following additional certification(s) will be required based on department assigned:
- Desert Vista - Unit 2 Adolescent: Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or submit completed application to the Arizona Department of Public Safety within seven days of hire date. Fingerprint clearance cards must remain valid for the entire period of issuance and must be renewed prior to expiration.
- CPI certification training will be provided upon hire/transfer to department, and must be obtained prior to providing patient care.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to meet the conditions as stated in the employment agreement.
- Must be able to float to both facilities (Desert Vista-Mesa and Psych Annex-Phoenix) for which approved competencies must be demonstrated.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.
Salary Range: Flat Rate (RNF) - $49.60