Service Desk Technician II Full Time Varied
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: IT Service Management
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Call Center Supervisor, the Service Desk Technician II position will be responsible for supporting Valleywise Health service operations by managing incoming incidents and requests from customers who require computer or systems assistance, while providing excellent customer service. This position has extensive customer contact with business stakeholders and customers relating to different specialized equipment located throughout the Valleywise Health campus and remote sites; and will also support the IT Desktop Technician team with standard or routine hardware or software tasks.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED. An Associate's degree or higher in Information Technology or related field is preferred and may substitute for required experience.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience within a technical IT Help Desk/Service Desk operation, preferably in a healthcare environment.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to work independently in the absence of direct supervision, especially during the evening and weekend shifts.
- Must have knowledge of high volume technical and customer support call center ticketing systems.
- Must have experience troubleshooting and problem solving customer issues in a technical environment.
- Must have experience with current Microsoft products.
- Good problem solving, communication and time management skills.
- Ability to handle oneself in a professional manner working in a highly stressful environment.
- Familiarity with ITIL/ITSM processes a plus.
- Must have a broad understanding of information technology and the ability to adapt to new technologies.
- Able to deal with ambiguity and change.
- Must possess ability to function independently and collaborate effectively on a team.
- Overtime and/or weekend work may/will be required depending on the shift schedule. Must be flexible when necessary to support varied shifts.
- Must abide by Valleywise Health code of conduct and ethics confidentiality policy.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.