Social Worker MSW (Pool)- Behavioral Health
Facility: Maryvale Campus
Department: BH Float Pool
Schedule: Per Diem - Varied Hours
Under the direction of the Psychiatric Social Work Manager and within an interdisciplinary team, the Psychiatric Social Worker performs professional social work service, Admissions coordination or utilization review for psychiatric adult and geriatric inpatients. The Psychiatric Social Worker provides psychosocial assessments, diagnosis, treatment planning, discharge planning, psychotherapy with patients/families, utilization review, admissions coordination and coordinates all aspects of the court ordered evaluation process.
- Requires a Masters of Social Work.
- Prior experience working with mental health is preferred.
- Prefer LMSW or LCSW licensure through the AZ Board of Behavioral Health Examiners.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be a self-starter and able to work on own, as well as work effectively in a multidisciplinary team with adults, families and children.
- Requires excellent knowledge of community resources and knowledge of the DSM IV.
- Must have awareness and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed.
- Time management, flexibility, and positive customer service orientation necessary.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.