Warehouse- Logistics Specialist
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Warehouse - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Manager Supply & Logistics, this position receives, stores, and distributes medical supplies, equipment, lab specimen, linen and mail to customers in a timely and accurate manner. The Logistics Specialist is in charge of inventory control and regular, proficient workplace and vehicle housekeeping. This position works closely with various levels of the organization to ensure warehouse/distribution related customer service levels meet or exceeds customer expectations.
- Requries a high school diploma or GED.
- Requires at least one (1) year of experience in a warehouse and distribution environment that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer experience working in a hospital setting with exposure to JCAHO or DNV requirements.
- Must have and maintian a Valid Arizona Class "D" driver's license.
- Forklift certification preferred or capable of being trained on operating forklift.
- Ambulatory Clinics: Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and efficiently following a route to ensure timely delivery.
- Must be customer service oriented and have the ability to work with others and adhere to set schedules and follow designated routes.
- Must have the ability to use computers and hand held devices, and to read maps and locate addresses.
- Some computer skills required (basic Microsoft Word and Excel).
- This position requires a knowledge of associated tasks relating to general warehousing duties (receiving, storage, distribution), safe lifting and driving habits, as well as mail receipt, sorting, metering and delivery.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and OSHA rules and regulations.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.