Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Integrated Program Management Office
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Assistant Controller, the Accountant I is responsible for aspects of accounting including but not limited to payroll, accounts payable and general ledger. This includes maintaining complete and accurate records for all miscellaneous AR, miscellaneous other provider payables and other duties as assigned. Additionally this position is responsible for various ledger account reconciliation's and analysis as well as performing month end close, and preparing and posting monthly journal entries.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Prefer one (1) year of accounting experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Experience in a healthcare or hospital setting is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess good customer service and communications skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Requires thorough knowledge of general accounting, both in accrual and cash basis.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.