Administrative Assistant - McDowell FQHC - Days
Facility: Valleywise Community Health Center - McDowell
Department: FQHC Clinic - McDowell
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Manager FHC, the Administrative Assistant performs varied administrative and clerical work requiring initiative, independent judgment and actions. Duties include but are not limited to answering phones and directing calls, opening and distributing mail, gathering information and preparing reports, maintaining files, analyzes computer reports and performs staff support functions in order to maximize efficiency of the centers management and professional staff.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED. Associate's degree in business related courses preferred.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of progressively responsible Administrative Assistant or similar experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer experience in a clinic setting.
- Ambulatory Clinics: Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Prefer knowledge of the following registration systems: Star, PHS, Medifax, Payment Tech, Chartmax COPA net, PACS, and ABNs.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent interpersonal, communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Requires the ability to operate a computer in a Windows environment.