Advanced Clinical Nurse Psych
Facility: Valleywise Behavioral Health Center - Mesa
Department: BH Assertive Community Treatment
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, an Advanced Clinical Nurse provides professional skilled age specific nursing care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Performs all aspects of patient care, including but not limited to: patient assessment, medication administration; identifying nursing problems; plans of care; provides or delegates care according to Valleywise Health policies; functions as a client advocate and educator; completes and processes all required documentation; indirectly supervises ancillary personnel as directed; and participates in team building and quality improvement activities. The position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment. In addition, an Advanced Clinical Nurse promotes and demonstrates advancement in professional practice through additional activities such as quality improvement and leadership.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Must have at least one (1) year of recent behavioral health RN experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities; or if completed the New Grad RN program at Valleywise Health then must have at least one year of Valleywise Health experience as a RN and be in good standing.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months of starting in position and must renewed every two years.
- CPI certification training will be provided upon hire/transfer to department, must be renewed every two years, and must be obtained prior to providing patient care.
- Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid AZ issued driver's license in good standing, and must carry the AZ legally required minimum insurance coverage on personal vehicle at all times.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.
Salary Range: Hourly pay rate: $34.15 to $50.37