Advanced Clinical Nurse
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Employee Health & Wellness
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Director Employee Health Services, this position supports the Valleywise Health Employee Health mission and vision to provide high quality, efficient, and valuable Employee Health Services and innovate and grow Employee Health services that will improve the health and wellness of the clients we serve. In this clinic setting the Advanced Clinical Nurse provides professional skilled nursing care by identifying occupational health concerns that impact the work environment, planning appropriate care, implementing the plan according to Valleywise Health policies, evaluating the client's response, functioning as a client advocate and educational resource, completing and processing all required documentation, serving as a team leader and role model to ancillary personnel, and actively participating in team building and creating a healthy and productive work environment. This position interacts and collaborates with all levels of staff and other disciplines, in gathering health information and providing comprehensive nursing care for the client. In addition, an Advanced Clinical Nurse promotes and demonstrates advancement in professional practice through additional activities such as quality improvement and leadership.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Must have at least one (1) year of recent acute care hospital RN experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities; or if completed the New Grad RN program at Valleywise Health then must have at least one year of Valleywise Health experience as a RN and be in good standing. Previous experience in occupational health nursing is preferred.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months. Must have knowledge of occupational health nursing and the regulatory requirements (i.e. OSHA, CDC, ADHS etc.) governing employee health.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to properly prioritize tasks in order to accomplish unit goals but still provide complete and comprehensive care to clients.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.).
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.