Anesthesia Tech Full Time
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Anesthesiology - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction and supervision of the Anesthesia Technician Supervisor, the Anesthesia Technician provides assistance to the Anesthesia provider with the acquisition, preparation and application of the equipment and supplies required for the administration of anesthesia. Provide support for routine and complex cases. Prepare and maintain patient monitoring devices and anesthesia delivery systems before, during and after anesthesia.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED. Prefer post high school training in the medical field.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a medical facility. Prefer one (1) year experience in an operating room.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- Ambulatory Clinics: Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Requires knowledge and skills of medical practices.
- Utilizes effective communication and interpersonal skills to enhance and encourage collaborative staff and community relationships.
- Must be able to respond quickly and must be familiar with surgical procedures