Application Systems Analyst II
Facility: Tempe Diablo Technology Park
Department: IT Business Applications & Solutions
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the IT Application Manager, this position is responsible for the continuing deployment and development of vendor proprietary hospital application software necessary to run business, clinical or financial systems within a large integrated hospital system. This position works independently on the analysis of existing and proposed vendor supplied software functionality to determine if the software conforms with current clinical health system workflow processes. The position utilizes specialized, proprietary software tool sets to enable software functionality; partners within project teams to achieve team goals and outcomes; provides measurable customer service, and performs duties within Valleywise Health missions and values. This position will frequently work in conjunction with members of the Project Management Office to lead information technology deployment and optimization efforts based on the organization's performance improvement objectives.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business, Nursing, Information Systems (IS) or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work in lieu of degree. A Master's degree is preferred and may substitute for required experience.
- Requires three (3) years of healthcare, consulting, or IT related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the standard tools, workflow processes, and/or procedures and concepts used in the deployment and development of application software necessary to run the healthcare systems business, clinical or financial systems.
- Prefer certification(s) related to business, clinical, or financial application(s)/system(s). In addition, prefer professional clinical licensure (eg. RN, Radiology, Laboratory, Pharmacy, etc) if supporting clinical application systems.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have ability to exercise individual judgment and initiative in conducting the necessary facilitation and resolution of application/system design along with the ability to perform workflow analysis and translate the outcome into definable software functionality.
- Must be able to perform cost/benefit analyses of actions/initiatives; and research options and recommend best course of action. Must be able to execute basic change implementation plans.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines while using independent judgment.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including ability to inform, advise, and instruct.
- Requires the ability to develop initiatives in innovative manner for effective resolution.
- Must be able to prepare and conduct effective presentations; assess priorities and self-time manage through deliverables; and coordinate activities with diverse groups and individuals.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.