Application Systems Analyst IV - Epic Willow IT Pharmacist
Facility: Tempe Diablo Technology Park
Department: IT Clinical Applications Services
Schedule: Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the IT Application Manager, this position functions as the expert resource responsible for the continuing deployment and development of vendor proprietary hospital application software necessary to run clinical or financial systems within a large integrated hospital system. This position takes a lead role in the analysis of existing and proposed vendor supplied software functionality to determine if the software conforms with current clinical health system workflow processes. The position utilizes specialized, proprietary software tool sets to enable software functionality; takes a lead role within project teams to achieve team goals and outcomes; provides measurable customer service, and performs duties within Valleywise Health missions and values. This position will frequently work in conjunction with members of the Project Management Office to lead information technology deployment and optimization efforts based on the organization's performance improvement objectives, In addition, this position provides leadership in the management of departmental operations and major projects.
- Requires a Master's degree in Business, Nursing, Information Systems (IS) or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work in lieu of degree. A Doctorate degree is preferred and may substitute for up to two (2) years of required experience.
- Requires eight (8) years of progressively responsible healthcare, consulting, and/or IT related experience that demonstrates advanced knowledge and understanding of the standard tools, workflow processes, and procedures and concepts used in the deployment and development of application software necessary to run the healthcare systems business, clinical or financial systems.
- Highly preferred: Epic, Willow, and/or Inpatient Pharmacy experience
- If applicable to application(s) assigned to support, certification(s) for the specific business, clinical, or financial IT application(s)/system(s) is required and must be kept up to date. In addition, prefer professional clinical licensure (eg. RN, Radiology, Laboratory, Pharmacy, etc) if supporting clinical application systems.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must demonstrate success in the ability to lead others as well as lead projects.
- Maintains accountability for the timely resolution of specific issues and problems within a particular area, application, database, technology or system.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines with independent judgment.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including ability to inform, advise, instruct, persuade, intervening and changing.
- Must be able to collect and analyze complex data. Requires the ability to perform workflow analysis and translate the outcome into definable software functionality.
- Must have ability to exercise considerable individual judgment and initiative in conducting the necessary facilitation and resolution of application/system design. Ability to develop initiatives in innovative manner for effective resolution.
- Must be able to prepare and conduct effective presentations; assess priorities and self-time manage through deliverables; and coordinate activities with diverse groups and individuals.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.