Appointment Scheduler - Part Time
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Radiology Support Services - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular PT 20 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Manager of Administrative Operations, this position performs activities related to the scheduling of outpatient radiology exams and procedures. This includes the processing of paperwork, insurance verification and prior authorization as needed.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year general clerical duties related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Prefer experience in a healthcare environment involving data reconciliation or in a call center with high volume patient contact through the use of phones. Healthcare registration and or scheduling experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires basic math, data entry and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute is desired.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is strongly preferred.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Spanish bi-lingual is preferred.