Arizona Burn Center Clinical Practice Educator
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Center for Clinical Excellence
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Valleywise Health offers care to a diverse population across the lifespan and all acuities. Join us in shaping the future of health care.
As the Arizona Burn Center Clinical Practice Educator, you will have the opportunity to be part of one of the largest academic burn centers in the world. Valleywise Health leads the burn community in research, clinical trials, and clinical practice. The Burn Center Practice Educator will be instrumental in mentoring new to nursing, new to service, and new to skill set employees. Your skills and experience will be critical in developing an orientation curriculum to ensure ongoing staff competency.
The day-to-day responsibilities of the Burn Center Practice Educator include onboarding and orientation, assessment of competence, continuing education needs, development of programs to assist in professional growth, and leading or participating in research. You will work collaboratively with the burn center leadership team to ensure world-class patient care delivery. The ideal candidate would have a strong critical care background with experience in burn or a willingness to learn burn care.
Valleywise Health is committed to providing high-quality, comprehensive benefits designed to help our employees and their families stay physically and financially fit. Known for the diversity of not only the community of patients we serve but also our workforce and the benefits we offer, such as:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 100% Retirement Match in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Sick and Extended Illness Bank
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- And much more
Annual Salary Range: $76,835 - $113,339
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Prefer a Master's degree in Nursing.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible RN clinical practice or clinical educator/instructor experience demonstrating a solid understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for the current state of practice.
- Must be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- Requires BLS issued by the American Heart Association upon hire.
- Requires ACLS provider certification within six months of hire.
- Requires ABLS provider within six months and ABLS Instructor certification within 12 months of hire.
- Requires PALS provider within 12 months of hire.
- Prefer professional nursing certification such as Nurse Professional Development or clinical area specific.
- Additional life support instructor or other certifications may be required based on areas of responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates the ability to lead others, work autonomously and in group settings, and be highly motivated with a strong incentive to succeed.
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to adjust the schedule to meet organizational needs; manages time and stress effectively.
- Demonstrates practical problem-solving, prioritization, and decision-making skills.
- Able to remain calm and customer-focused during stressful situations.
- Requires computer literacy, including the ability to use Microsoft Office, Electronic Health Records, and knowledge of learning management systems.
- Requires the ability to lead groups to achieve improved outcomes and the ability to handle multiple complex projects.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Role model for professional behavior and critical thinking.
- Requires the ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Bilingual skills are preferred.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $36.94 to $54.49/hour
$36.94 - $54.49
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 38729