Behavioral Health Intern Per Diem
Facility: Maryvale Campus
Department: BH Float Pool
Schedule: Per Diem 16 Hour Per Week
Under the direction of the department manager or designee, the Behavioral Health Intern role is a skilled direct level interventionist and looking to further their behavioral health career. This position interacts with all levels of staff concerning the health care of the patient including, nurses, Behavioral Health Technicians, physicians, residents, medical students, patients, families, and guardians in both Inpatient and Outpatient settings
- Requires a high school diploma or GED and enrollment in a behavioral health science program at a community college with at least 16 credit hours completed as of the date of acceptance into the internship.
- Prefer prior behavioral health related experience.
- Must be able to complete Crisis Prevention and Intervention Training upon hire.
- Must have BLS issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must demonstrate the skills and knowledge to provide behavioral health services to adults, individuals with substance abuse, individuals who are seriously mentally ill, individuals who have co-occurring disorder, and/or individuals who may be victims or perpetrators of domestic violence.
- Basic math skills required.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.