Behavioral Health New Grad RN Program
Facility: Valleywise Behavioral Health Center - Phoenix
Department: BH Nursing Intern Extern
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Under the direct supervision of a Nurse Manager, this position develops and consolidates a nurse's skill, knowledge, and experience in a multidisciplinary environment to be an effective member of a multidisciplinary healthcare team through a structured program in the workplace. Synthesizes and prioritizes data from multiple sources to provide support for the human response of the patient and family to changes in health status.
- Must have graduated from an accredited school of Nursing. Prefer a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Prior nursing experience is not required. New graduate nurse or candidates with less than six months experience as an RN, or be a RN that has not practiced at the bedside for more than two years are eligible to apply to the program.
- Prefer LPN, Nurse Extern, or other nursing related experience.
- Must attend and successfully complete the Valleywise Health Nurse Residency program by meeting all the requirements specified in the program within six months of starting the program.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months of starting in position and must renewed every two years.
- CPI certification training will be provided upon hire/transfer to department, must be renewed every two years, and must be obtained prior to providing patient care.
- Must be able to provide at least one year of employment after successful completion of the Nurse Residency Program.
- Must provide recent "official" transcripts with grades up to the semester prior to application with a grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must be able to provide two letters of recommendation.
- Evidence of community service or membership in community-oriented organization is preferred.
- Must meet all conditions set forth in Nurse Residency Program requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.