Behavioral Health Specialist
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: FQHC American Rescue Fund
Schedule: Grant FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Integrated Behavioral Health Clinician and within an interdisciplinary team, the Behavioral Health Specialist provides direct services to patients in the Family Health Center (FHC) and in the community. As part of the integrated behavioral health model at the health centers, the Behavioral Health Specialist supports patients, families, and the community by providing treatment and support services, health information, community referrals, and groups/workshops.
- Requires a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Social Work, Family Studies, or related human service field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Prior experience working in a mental health or integrated care setting is preferred.
- Prefer LMSW, LCSW, LMAFT, LMFT, LAC or LPC certification through the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners.
- Must obtain fingerprint card as defined in Arizona Statute (A.R.S.) 36-425.03 and state licensing rule R9-10-1011(A)(4) within 90 days of employment.
- Requires BLS through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center within 3 months of hire into position.
- Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid AZ issued driver's license in good standing, and must carry the AZ legally required minimum insurance coverage on personal vehicle at all times.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Requires excellent computer skills.
- Must have strong public speaking skills.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent customer service skills.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English, including professional level usage or grammar, spelling and punctuation. Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work on own, as well as work effectively in a multidisciplinary team with adults, families and children
- Requires knowledge of community resources and knowledge of the DSM V Diagnostic & Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - Fifth Edition).
- Must have awareness and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Must have time management, flexibility and positive customer service orientation skills.