Behavioral Health Technician Adolescent
Facility: Valleywise Behavioral Health Center - Mesa
Department: BH Unit 2 Adolescent - Mesa
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
This position qualifies for a $9,000 sign-on bonus. Terms and conditions apply.
Our behavioral health professionals are a critical part of our healthcare system. As a Behavioral Health Technician (BHT), you will be in a rewarding and fulfilling position, providing psychiatric services for children, adolescents, and adults of all ages. You will assist patients in planning their day, beginning with orienting them to the schedule, assisting with Activities of Daily Living as needed, taking vital signs, and facilitating groups, which helps create a safe therapeutic environment.
The BHT role is critical to patient safety, which includes observing patient behavior, frequent rounding, and documenting the Electronic Medical Record. If you are passionate about helping those experiencing a personal crisis related to mental illness, this is the role for you.
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, in this entry-level Behavioral Health Tech (BHT) position, you will receive paid on-the-job training to care for patients under Court Ordered Evaluation or Treatment due to mental illness. These services are provided at one of our three inpatient facilities (Maryvale, Phoenix, and Mesa). Training to prepare you for this work includes didactic classes, basic life support, and Crisis Prevention Intervention certifications, along with clinical instruction under the direct supervision of a highly skilled Behavioral Health Technician II (BHT II).
Valleywise Health is committed to providing high-quality, comprehensive benefits designed to help our employees and their families stay physically and financially fit. Known for the diversity of not only the community of patients we serve but also our workforce and the benefits we offer, such as:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 100% Retirement Match in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Sick and Extended Illness Bank
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- And much more!
Hourly Pay Range: $16.22 - $23.92
This is a night position.
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
- This is an entry-level behavioral health position.
- Must be able to complete Crisis Prevention and Intervention Training upon hire.
- Requires BLS issued by the American Heart Association or must be completed during NEO training.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or submit a completed application to the Arizona Department of Public Safety within seven days of the hire date. Fingerprint clearance cards must remain valid for the entire period of issuance and must be renewed prior to expiration.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 Chapter 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 18 years old.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write, and speak effectively in English.
- Requires basic computer skills (e.g., formatting, editing, printing, composing emails, internet searches, etc.) and skills necessary to navigate an electronic medical record.