Behavioral Health Technician BHT Night Shift
Facility: Maryvale Campus
Department: BH Unit 401 - Maryvale
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Performs a variety of routine activities to provide physical and psychological care to clients/patients receiving treatment within Valleywise Health. The client/patient population carries a primary or secondary mental health diagnosis and is 18 years of age or older. The BHT works collaboratively with all members of the treatment team including the client/patient and family. The BHT is a vital component to the therapeutic milieu.
Must meet one of the following combinations of Education and Experience:
A Bachelor's Degree in a field related to Behavioral Health; OR
Any other Bachelor's Degree and one (1) year of full-time behavioral health work experience; OR
Any Associates Degree and two (2) years of full-time behavioral health work experience; OR
Eighteen (18) credit hours of post-high school education in a field related to behavioral health and two (2) years of full-time behavioral health work experience; OR
A high school diploma or GED and four (4) years of full-time behavioral health work experience; OR
A high school diploma or GED and two (2) years of full time experience as a Mental Health Worker in the Valleywise Health Department of Psychiatry of at least above average performance level.
- Acceptable behavioral health work experience includes providing direct services (counseling, monitoring, conducting recreational activities, transporting etc.) to individuals with a mental disorder, personality disorder or substance use problem gained in a behavioral health, medical, educational or correctional work environment. Prefer a minimum of at least one to two (1-2) years of behavioral health experience.
- Must have Crisis Prevention and Intervention Training.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months. In addition, the following additional certification(s) will be required based on department assigned:
Desert Vista - Unit 2 Adolescent: Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or submit completed application to the Arizona Department of Public Safety within seven days of hire date. Fingerprint clearance cards must remain valid for the entire period of issuance and must be renewed prior to expiration.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must demonstrate the skills and knowledge to provide behavioral health services to adults over the age of 65, individuals with substance abuse, individuals who are seriously mentally ill, individuals who have co-occurring disorder, and/or individuals who may be victims or perpetrators of domestic violence.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.