Behavioral Health Technician Float
Facility: Maryvale Campus
Department: BH Float Pool
Schedule: Per Diem 12 Hours Per Week
Based out of the Staffing Office, the BHT floats to various departments within Valleywise Health performing a variety of routine activities to provide physical and psychological care to patients in the psychiatry department. The patient population carries a primary mental health diagnosis and is 18 years of age or older. The BHT works collaboratively with all members of the treatment team including the patient and family. The BHT is a vital component to the therapeutic milieu.
Must meet one of the following combinations of Education and Experience:
A Bachelor's Degree in a field related to Behavioral Health; OR
Any other Bachelor's Degree and one (1) year of full-time behavioral health work experience; OR
Any Associates Degree and two (2) years of full-time behavioral health work experience; OR
Eighteen (18) credit hours of post-high school education in a field related to behavioral health and two (2) years of full-time behavioral health work experience; OR
Four (4) years of full-time behavioral health work experience.
- Must have least one (1) year of behavioral health experience and must be able to float to various departments in the psychiatric or medical center. Acceptable behavioral health work experience includes providing direct services (counseling, monitoring, conducting recreational activities, transporting etc.) to individuals with a mental disorder, personality disorder or substance use problem gained in a behavioral health, medical, educational or correctional work environment.
- For positions based out of the Behavioral Health Staffing Office employees must be able to float to both facilities (Desert Vista-Mesa and Psych Annex-Phoenix) for which approved competencies must be demonstrated.
- Must have Crisis Prevention and Intervention Training.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months. In addition, the following additional certification(s) will be required based on department assigned:
- Desert Vista - Unit 2 Adolescent: Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or submit completed application to the Arizona Department of Public Safety within seven days of hire date. Fingerprint clearance cards must remain valid for the entire period of issuance and must be renewed prior to expiration.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to meet the conditions as stated in the employment agreement.
- Must demonstrate the skills and knowledge to provide behavioral health services to adults over the age of 65, individuals with substance abuse, individuals who are seriously mentally ill, individuals who have co-occurring disorder, and/or individuals who may be victims or perpetrators of domestic violence.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.
Salary Range: Flat Rate (BHTF) - $21.55