Behavioral Health Technician II Adolescent
Facility: Valleywise Behavioral Health Center - Mesa
Department: BH Unit 2 Adolescent - Mesa
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
This position qualifies for a sign-on bonus of $9,000. Terms and conditions apply.
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, this position performs a variety of routine activities to provide physical and psychological care to patients who carry a primary or secondary mental health diagnosis. The Behavioral Health Technician I (BHT II) works collaboratively with all treatment team members, including the patient and family.
Valleywise Health is committed to providing high-quality, comprehensive benefits designed to help our employees and their families stay physically and financially fit. Known for the diversity of not only the community of patients we serve but also our workforce and the benefits we offer, such as:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 100% Retirement Match in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Sick and Extended Illness Bank
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- And much more!
Hourly Pay Rate: $16.87 - $24.88
This is a night position.
Must meet one of the following combinations of Education and Experience:
- One (1) year of full-time experience as a Behavioral Health Tech in the Valleywise Behavioral Health Center or Valleywise Health Medical Center of at least above-average performance level or
- Two (2) years of full-time behavioral health work experience or
- Any associate degree and fifteen (15) months of full-time behavioral health work experience or
- 18 credit hours of post-high school education in a field related to behavioral health and 18 months of full-time behavioral health work experience or
- Any other bachelor’s degree and one (1) year of full-time behavioral health work experience or
- A bachelor’s degree in a field related to Behavioral Health.
- Acceptable behavioral health work experience includes providing direct services (counseling, monitoring, conducting recreational activities, transporting, etc.) to individuals with a mental disorder, personality disorder, or substance use problem gained in a behavioral health, medical, educational, or correctional work environment.
- Prefer a minimum of at least one to two (1-2) years of behavioral health experience as outlined above.
- Must have Crisis Prevention Intervention Training.
- Requires BLS issued by the American Heart Association or must be completed during NEO training.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or submit a completed application to the Arizona Department of Public Safety within seven days of the hire date. Fingerprint clearance cards must remain valid for the entire period of issuance and must be renewed prior to expiration.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32 and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must demonstrate the skills and knowledge to provide behavioral health services to adults over the age of 65, individuals with substance abuse, individuals who are seriously mentally ill, individuals who have co-occurring disorders, and/or individuals who may be victims or perpetrators of domestic violence.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g., formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write, and speak effectively in English.