Behavioral Health Technician
Facility: Valleywise Behavioral Health Center - Phoenix
Department: BH Unit 8 - Phoenix
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
This position qualifies for an $9,000 sign-on bonus. Terms and conditions apply.
Our behavioral health professionals are a critical part of our healthcare system. As a Behavioral Health Technician (BHT), you will be in a rewarding and fulfilling position, providing psychiatric services for children, adolescents, and adults of all ages. You will assist patients in planning their day, beginning with orienting them to the schedule, assisting with Activities of Daily Living as needed, taking vital signs, and facilitating groups, which helps create a safe therapeutic environment.
The BHT role is critical to patient safety, which includes observing patient behavior, frequent rounding, and documenting the Electronic Medical Record. If you are passionate about helping those experiencing a personal crisis related to mental illness, this is the role for you.
Valleywise Health is committed to providing high-quality, comprehensive benefits designed to help our employees and their families stay physically and financially fit. Known for the diversity of not only the community of patients we serve but also our workforce and the benefits we offer, such as:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 100% Pension Retirement Match
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Sick and Extended Illness Bank
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- And much more!
Hourly Pay Rate: $16.22 - $23.92
Must meet one of the following combinations of Education and Experience:
- One (1) year of full-time experience as a Mental Health Worker in the Valleywise Health Department of Psychiatry of at least above average performance level or
- Two (2) years of full-time behavioral health work experience or
- Any associate degree and 15 months of full-time behavioral health work experience or
- 18 credit hours of post-high school education in a field related to behavioral health and 18 months of full-time behavioral health work experience or
- Any other bachelor’s degree and one (1) year of full-time behavioral health work experience or
- A bachelor’s degree in a field related to Behavioral Health.
- Acceptable behavioral health work experience includes providing direct services (counseling, monitoring, conducting recreational activities, transporting etc.) to individuals with a mental disorder, personality disorder or substance use problem gained in a behavioral health, medical, educational or correctional work environment.
- Prefer a minimum of at least one to two (1-2) years of behavioral health experience as outlined above.
- Must have Crisis Prevention Intervention Training and if in adult emergency of position start date.
- BLS Card training will be provided upon hire/transfer to BH departments.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32 and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must demonstrate the skills and knowledge to provide behavioral health services to adults over the age of 65, individuals with substance abuse, individuals who are seriously mentally ill, individuals who have co-occurring disorder, and/or individuals who may be victims or perpetrators of domestic violence.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g., formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.