Biomedical Technician II - Health Technology Management - Days - Full Time
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Health Technology Management
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Install, maintain, service, troubleshoot and calibrate a variety of diagnostic biomedical equipment by interpreting engineering and vendor information, schematic diagrams and graphic illustrations.
Requires an Associate’s degree in Electronics or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of competency in applying biomedical and electronics principles related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer CBET (Certified Biomedical Engineer Technician) certification.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Must have knowledge and ability to work with schematics, blueprints, calibrate equipment, digital circuitry and analog circuitry.
- Must be proficient at reading and analyzing schematic diagrams, including analog and digital circuits and possess a working knowledge of electrical and electronic fundamentals, mechanical and pneumatics theory, digital circuit theory and microprocessor theory.
- Must also be proficient in Windows PC and network operating systems, PC repair and have fundamental knowledge in Local Area Network configuration and troubleshooting. Must be knowledgeable in DNV standards for the Environment of Care.