Biomedical Technician II
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Health Technology Management
Schedule: Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Install, maintain, service, troubleshoot and calibrate a variety of diagnostic biomedical equipment by interpreting engineering and vendor information, schematic diagrams and graphic illustrations.
- Requires an Associate's degree in Electronics or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Must have a minimum of six (6) years of competency in applying biomedical and electronics principles related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer CBET (Certified Biomedical Engineer Technician) certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Must have knowledge and ability to work with schematics, blueprints, calibrate equipment, digital circuitry and analog circuitry.
- Must be proficient at reading and analyzing schematic diagrams, including analog and digital circuits and possess a working knowledge of electrical and electronic fundamentals, mechanical and pneumatics theory, digital circuit theory and microprocessor theory.
- Must also be proficient in Windows PC and network operating systems, PC repair and have fundamental knowledge in Local Area Network configuration and troubleshooting. Must be knowledgeable in JCAHO standards for the Environment of Care.