Burn Technician Certified Nights
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Burn ICU - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Our center provides not only burn treatment, but also reconstructive and restorative surgeries for healed burns. Come and work with us to guide and support people to heal and return to health productive lives.
Under the direction of a Nurse Manager, performs patient related services for burn patients, Pediatric through Geriatric, under the general supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN). This position provides professional skilled patient care tasks in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Tasks to include direct patient care, vital signs, daily ADLs, clinical procedures, dressing changes and other tasks as requested. This position will also communicate patient needs and observed/reported changes in patient condition to supervising Nurse or Physicians. Documentation will occur as instructed relative to the care delivered.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED and certification from an accredited Nursing Assistant/Health Aide program.
- Prefer at least one (1) year of hospital experience as a CNA, PCT, or EMT preferably in burn/wound care environment.
- Requires certification by the Arizona State Board of Nursing as a CNA, lna or LPN; or as a Paramedic or EMT by the Arizona Department of Health Services.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months. PALS, ACLS, & ABLS certification is preferred within one year of employment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent communication, time management and leadership skills.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.
Salary Range: Hourly pay rate: $16.22 to $23.92