Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under general supervision, perform tasks related to acquisition of equipment and services on behalf of Valleywise Health within established purchasing procedures and applicable laws by reviewing requests, communicating with vendors and departmental requestors, examining price, suitability, and availability of items or services; and reviewing alternatives to requests in order to fulfill affirmative action, value analysis or other objectives.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED. Bachelor's degree in Business or related field is preferred.
- Requires two to four (2-4) years experience as a buyer, preferably in the healthcare industry. At least one (1) year previous healthcare experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Must have excellent communication, organizing, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance.
- Ability to negotiate and work with professionals.
- Computer skills; MS Office, Excel, Word and Outlook.