CAD Operator - 40 hrs. Days
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Engineering and Construction
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of Sr. Program Manager Facilities Engineering and Construction, the Computer Aided Design (CAD) Operator applies Arizona state and health care standards to develop drawings, blueprints building and site development. This position focuses on how to develop and maintain complex floor plans with consideration to requirements, in collaboration with Architecture, Engineering and Clinical teams while maintaining ongoing operational changes from space management. This position will interact with other business domain systems, including clinical management systems, Building Automation Systems (BAS) and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Design, Architecture, Civil Engineering or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will results in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible drafting experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- One to two years of design experience preferred.
- Experience with 3-D modeling, Revit preferred.
- AutoCAD certification training
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency using Auto CAD is a must.
- Requires extensive knowledge of building codes, fire life safety standards.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet designated deadlines is required.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.