Care Coordinator I
Facility: Valleywise Community Health Center - South Central Phoenix
Department: Grants - FTF Care Coordination - Central Phoenix
Schedule: Grant FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Clinic Manager, assists families with family, health and parenting issues identified during clinic visits. Responds to concerns and questions about childhood development from families and staff by identifying and offering better parenting techniques through available resources in the clinic, Family Learning Center, and the community.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Child Development, Family Studies, Social Work, Child Psychology, Early Childhood or related field.
- Must have at least three (3) years of experience demonstrating the ability to implement and assess effectiveness of family education programs.
- Child Life specialist certification is preferred.
- Ambulatory Clinics: Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Requires excellent computer skills.
- Creativity, initiative and independent thinking, and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Must have demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Must have strong public speaking skills.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Must be bilingual in Spanish or one of the languages utilized in the Refugee Women's Clinic. These languages include: Amharic, Arabic, Burmese, Chin, Dinka, English, Farsi, French, Haussa, Hindi, Karen, Kareni, Khran, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, Korean, Kunama, Nepali, Oromo, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Tigrinya, Urdu, and Vietnamese.