Care Manager Extender Pool
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Care Management
Schedule: Per Diem 8 Hours Per Week
This position provides clerical support to ensure patients achieve a smooth and timely transition from an acute care facility or in the outpatient setting to help prevent readmissions. This position assists with setting up outpatient services or providing resources to help the patient maintain optimal care. This position performs follow-up tasks identified during the hospital assessment for management of patients across the healthcare continuum or when the patient is in the continuum and needs additional resource support.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with three (3) years' experience in healthcare as a Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, Health Unit Coordinator, etc.
- Must successfully complete Valleywise Health EPIC computer classes within three months of hire or transfer into the position.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have a working knowledge of medical terminology and be proficient in the use of computer programs such as Microsoft Office.
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent communication and time management skills.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Salary Range: Flat Rate (15F) - $21.55