Care Manager Extender
Facility: Maryvale Campus
Department: BH Intake
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
This position provides clerical support to ensure patients achieve a smooth and timely transition from a psychiatric inpatient facility. This position assists with setting up outpatient services or providing resources to help the patient maintain optimal care. This position performs follow-up tasks identified during the hospital assessment for management of patients across the healthcare continuum.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with three (3) years' experience in healthcare as a BHT, Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, Health Unit Coordinator, etc.
- Must successfully complete Valleywise Health EPIC computer classes within three months of hire or transfer into the position.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Prefer knowledge of psychiatric conditions and systems.
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent communication and time management skills.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- BH Unit 2 Adolescent: Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.