Care Manager Extender
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: FQHC American Rescue Fund
Schedule: Grant FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Director of Care Management, this position provides and assists the ambulatory care coordinator RN on basic care coordination functions, schedules appointments, identifies and reduces barriers to care, provides referrals to necessary resources, performance patient outreach for follow-up care post discharge and manages health information exchange for the assigned clinic. Ensures new member outreach is performed based on health plan updates. Escalates patient care needs to the clinic RN care coordinator.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with three (3) years’ experience in healthcare as a Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, Health Unit Coordinator, or data reconciliation experience.
- Must successfully complete Valleywise Health EPIC computer classes within three months of hire or transfer into the position.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have a working knowledge of medical terminology and be proficient in the use of computer programs such as Microsoft Office.
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent communication and time management skills.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.