Central Sterile Tech Full Time Evenings
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Central Sterile - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Supervisor Central Sterile, this position decontaminates, assembles, processes, sterilizes, maintains and distributes surgical instruments, supplies and patient care equipment and documents processes.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED. Graduate of a Central Sterile Technician program is preferred.
- Prefer a minimum of one to two (1-2) years, Central Sterile experience.
- Certified Central Sterile Technician preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Prefers to have a working knowledge of steam sterilizers, washer decontaminators, cart washers, and patient care equipment.
- Prefers to have general Knowledge of basic surgical instruments, implants, patient related supplies, materials and equipment, aseptic and sterilization techniques.
- Prefers to have mechanical aptitude with the ability to disassemble moving parts, clean, lubricate and reassemble.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Salary Range: (18A) $15.34 - $23.01